With the most consistent waves on the West Coast and over 100 years of surfing history, Huntington Beach is the only place that can truly be called Surf City USA®.
As a quintessential coastal haven just south of Los Angeles, Huntington boasts beautiful walking paths that line the beach from one end to the other and is home to one of the longest recreational piers in the world. Offering 16 kilometres of public beaches access and a walkable downtown community that neighbours 4 star luxury resorts and surfer-chic boutique hotels — it’s hard not to imagine surfing as a way of life.
1. Take a surf lesson
2. Light up a bonfire and make s’mores on the beach (some hotels can arrange this for you)
3. Walk the famous Huntington Beach Pier
4. Enjoy a famous Huntington Beach sunset or two
5. Visit the Huntington Beach International Surfing Museum
6. Explore Pacific City, the destination’s newest mall, with plenty of boutiques & dining options
7. Cycle the 16km boardwalk
8. Try other water sports including stand up paddleboarding & kayaking
9. Check out Surf City Nights, on Tuesdays between 5 – 9pm, the first three blocks of Main Street are closed to traffic and turn into bustling lanes filled with local artisans, fresh produce, live music and more
10. Head to Disneyland, the Happiest Place on Earth, and only 25 minutes from Huntington Beach.